Your new mattress: a checklist for buying the right mattress and extending its life
Do you wake up more and more often with the impression that it is time to recycle your mattress to make way for a new model? Have your needs or those of a member of your family changed? Regardless of what’s got you in the market to buy a new mattress, this blog post will be very useful. Here is our list of important things to consider before, during and after the purchase of a new mattress.
List # 1: Why change your mattress?
– The mattress is in poor condition: worn, bent, sagging
– The quality of the springs is altered
– The mattress is noisy / creaky
– The quality of your sleep is affected
– You feel muscle pain upon awakening
– You have trouble getting to sleep or finding a comfortable position
– Pressure is felt in the shoulders and hips
– The mattress is not suitable for the size of the available space
– The mattress is not suitable for the size and/or weight of the sleeper (s)
List # 2: How to choose the right store to buy your mattress
– Practical, experienced and reputable store and staff
– Good financing options
– Expertise: The consultant puts you at ease and answer yours questions
– Delivery: The hours are flexible and the service is turnkey
– Available warranties
– The store’s return policy
– The environmental policy: Will your old mattress be recycled?
List # 3: How to choose the right mattress
– Record the dimensions of the room and doors
– Identify unmet needs and the profile of the sleeper(s)
– Consider the importance of the materials and the spring (ask your consultant)
– Try, try and try again without holding back! (Dress comfortably)
– Beware of false bargains; the price of a mattress is closely related to its quality
List # 4: How to maintain your mattress
– Get the right accessories to support your mattress (headboard and base, box spring, mattress covers, etc.)
– Observe the manufacturer’s instructions and your consultant’s advice
– Make sure to ventilate your room regularly (ideally a few minutes each day)
– Consider purchasing a dehumidifier (there are several inexpensive models)
– Vacuum your mattress several times a year
What are your questions as you shop for a new mattress?