How to integrate orange into your decor
Various shades of orange are making a big comeback, in both fashion and interior design. We understand that the colour may seem intimidating at first and challenging to integrate into existing decor. We’re here to share our top tips to incorporate the colour, especially since it’s our favorite at JUMP!
Choosing the right shade of orange
Like all colours, orange is available in a mind-blowing number of shades. Oranges with yellow tones remind us of the sun and warmth, while oranges with red tones, like burnt orange, remind us of the desert or even evoke a certain sensuality. Furthermore oranges with more pink tones, on the coral side of the spectrum, are invigorating and give off a lot of energy. It is up to you to choose the one that best suits your tastes and the atmosphere you want to create in your room.
Of course, it depends on the mood you want to create, but orange can be combined with many other colours in striking ways. Combining it with shades of blue and green create a tropical atmosphere that will make you feel like you’re in the south all year round. Choosing a palette of beige and brown tones
creates a very desert-like and monochrome look, which is currently very fashionable. Burnt orange, copper and pale pink are also very pretty together.
Integrating orange in small strokes
If you still find orange intimidating, try integrating it into your décor very subtly, with small touches here and there to add a beautiful warmth to your space. Here are some ideas:
- Add art objects that are orange, or ones that incorporate orange touches, such as vases, paintings, sculptures or trinkets.
- Integrate orange textiles, such as a jetty, cushions, a beautiful carpet or curtains.
- Incorporate a few touches of orange with small pieces of furniture, such as bedside tables, lamps, or by painting certain parts of a piece of furniture orange, such as legs or handles.
Full on orange!
Are you ready to fully commit to orange in your room? Go for it! Here are some bold ideas:
- Paint one wall with your favorite orange shade.
- Choose a pretty patterned wallpaper in orange shades to create an eye-catching accent wall.
- Integrate an orange piece of furniture. Whether it is a chest of drawers, a wardrobe, or even a sofa, the effect will be striking!
- Create an interior theme in which the orange is the star. With the color combinations presented earlier, or another of your own, create a theme that integrates orange and reflects the mood of the room. By integrating several orange elements, even if they are smaller, the overall effect will be magnificent!
Whether your tastes are more conservative or you decide to dive into embracing orange 100%, it will make a wonderful addition to your interior design. While you are embarking on a renovation and decoration project, considering taking the opportunity to change your mattress as well. Check our website to find out which JUMP mattress would be best for you!